Need a locksmith? Colorado Lockmaster offers 24 hour locksmith services that are always on stand-by. We can usually respond to any location in the Denver area in 20 minutes or less.
Why choose Colorado Locksmith?
- Quick Response Time – Once our locksmith gets a call, they will be there as soon as possible. Your time is valuable and we do not want to waste your time.
- Available 24/7 – You never know when you’ll get locked out. That’s why Colorado Lockmaster is open 24/7 day and night. Plus, no late night fees.
- Affordable Pricing – Our locksmith will explain the pricing before beginning the job.
8 Ways to Secure Your Home | Denver Emergency Locksmith
- Get an Alarm System:
- Around 1.8 million electronic security systems are installed in the US each year and without this alarm system houses are three times more likely to be broken into. There are many great affordable options for burglar alarms and are sure to provide a peace of mind to the residents of the home.
- Make Sure Your Detectors Are Up to Date
- Make sure that your fire alarm and Carbon Monoxide detectors are up to date. It’s good to perform routine maintenance on them as described in their directions.
- Get a Dog
- Getting a guard like a German Shepherd, Rottweiler, or Doberman can add to protection and security of your home. They are great when it comes to keeping your family and your property safe. In addition, they make great, loving, family pets. If you want to get a security-trained dog for extra protection, be sure to do your research on the trainer you purchase from!
- Smart Lighting
- Strategic lighting goes a long way when it comes to keeping unwanted intruders away. Outdoor motion lights near points of entry are an economical and useful addition to any household trying to keep burglars from entering. Adding extra floodlights and security lighting near points of entry like doors and windows can also be helpful in deterring un-welcomed guests from entering your home.
- Reinforce Your Windows
- Ensuring that your window frames are securely attached to the windowpanes is a great way to secure and reinforce your windows.
- Know Where All Your Keys Are
- It’s easy to forget who has your keys. You go away for a weekend and give one to a close friend or family member. They’re very ease to lose track of. Knowing who exactly has access to your house can save you a lot of time and grief. Restrict the number of people that have keys to people that live there and maybe one other person for an emergency.
- Get to Know Your Neighbors
- Knowing your neighbors is more important than you might think. Maybe they aren’t the most interesting people in the world, but neighbors that you have taken the time to get to know are far more likely to call the police when they see suspicious activity happening near your home. Let your neighbors know when you will be out of town so that they know to keep an eye out for any abnormal activity. Be a good neighbor and offer to do the same when they are away.
- Safeguard Hazardous Areas
- Aside from keeping your house safe from unwanted intruders, it’s also important to safeguard your house from unwanted accidents. Making sure that there is a fence around the perimeter or around any swimming pools or hot tubs ensure prevention from accidents that may result in drowning.
If you ever have any questions about how to make your home a safer place be sure to call your closest Denver Emergency Locksmith or visit coloradolockmaster.com.
Call us at 720-606-4428 for a no-obligation quote.